The PXIe-3988 delivers high performance and scalability for test and measurement applications
- The ADLINK PXIe-3988 PXI Express embedded controller, based on the 9th gen Intel® Xeon® E processor, is specifically designed for hybrid PXI Express-based testing systems
- The PXIe-3988 combines a 2.8 GHz 6-core Intel® Core™ processor with 12 MB of L3 cache and up to 64 GB DDR4 2400 MHz memory for system performance previously unavailable for test and measurement applications
- With parallel processing and powerful compute power in a compact form factor, the PXIe-3988 is a powerful yet economical option for test and measurement (T&M) markets
Taipei, Taiwan – September 8, 2021
ADLINK Technology Inc., a global leader in edge computing, announces the release of its first server-grade PXIe controller, the Intel® Xeon® E-2276ME-based PXIe-3988. Combining state-of-the-art Intel® Core™ processors and up to 64GB of DDR4 2400MHz memory, the PXIe-3988 employs multiple computing engines on a single processor and can run four independent tasks simultaneously. Specifically designed for PXI Express-based testing systems, the PXIe-3988 provides a rugged and stable platform for a variety of testing and measurement applications.
“With the rapid growth of testing applications in several industries, customers have high-performance requirements for applications in industries such as the electric vehicle, telecommunications, semiconductor, data center and optics,” said Jeremy Wu, Director of IoT Solutions & Technology (IST) business unit, ADLINK. “The PXIe-3988 is a powerful yet budget-conscious choice for test and measurement that meets the needs of these demanding applications.
System integrators and equipment manufacturers in a wide variety of industries, from aerospace to semiconductors, can use the PXIe-3988 for compute-intensive workloads.
- Distributing processing loads across 6 Xeon cores significantly reduces processing times for intensive signal and data applications such as radio frequency (RF) tests and hardware-in-the-loop (HL) simulations.
- With an auto configured PCIe switch, the PXIe-3988 can support four links x4 or two links x8 PXI Express link capability, with maximum system throughput up to 16 GB/s by PCI Express 3.0 bus.
- Interface flexibility for hybrid PXI-based testing systems provided by two DisplayPort connectors, dual USB 3.0 connections for high-speed peripheral devices, dual Gigabit Ethernet ports, four USB 2.0 ports for peripheral devices and USB instrument control, and a Micro-D GPIB connector for GPIB instrument connection.
The high-performance PXIe-3988 embedded controller allows customers to compete in high-end, mainstream, and high value T&M markets. Distributing processing loads across 6 Xeon cores reduces application processing time. Significant compute power allows the use of complex software and programming models and fits with modern software development trends. The PXIe-3988 provides workstation performance in a compact size compatible with a standard PXI Express chassis.
The PXle-3988 Express embedded controller delivers multiple benefits for test and measurement applications, including fast (2.8 –4.5 Ghz clock speed) hexa-core processing, cache optimization, and up to 64 GB memory in an embedded 3U format factor. Customers can use the PXIe-3988 PXI for a rugged and stable operating environment in a variety of testing and measurement applications.
Find out more about the PXle-3988 Express embedded controller.
About ADLINK Technology
ADLINK Technology Inc. (TAIEX:6166) leads edge computing, the catalyst for a world powered by artificial intelligence. ADLINK manufactures edge hardware and develops edge software for embedded, distributed and intelligent computing – from powering medical PCs in the intensive care unit to building the world’s first high-speed autonomous race car – more than 1600 customers around the world trust ADLINK for mission-critical success. ADLINK holds top-tier edge partnerships with Intel, NVIDIA, AWS and SAS, and also participates on the Intel Board of Advisors, ROS 2 Technical Steering Committee and Autoware Foundation Board. ADLINK contributes to open source, robotics, autonomous, IoT and 5G standards initiatives across 24+ consortiums, driving innovation in manufacturing, telecommunications, healthcare, energy, defense, transportation and infotainment. For over 25 years, with 1800+ ADLINKers and 200+ partners, ADLINK enables the technologies of today and tomorrow, advancing technology and society around the world. Follow ADLINK Technology on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook or visit adlinktech.com.